Quanta's PHP module is in the form of a PHP extension and allows you to relay the profiling data on your Magento.
Before installing the PHP module, you must have installed the Quanta agent beforehand. The PHP module uses the Quanta agent to send its data to our servers.
The PHP module is to be installed on all servers running Magento.
For Debian/Ubuntu :
You have to have added the Quanta repository. You probably already did this when installing the agent.
Depending on your PHP version, you will have to install the corresponding package :
- For PHP 5.3: apt-get install php53-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.4: apt-get install php54-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.5: apt-get install php55-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.6: apt-get install php56-quanta-mon
- For PHP 7.0: apt-get install php70-quanta-mon
- For PHP 7.1: apt-get install php71-quanta-mon
If you use PHP 5.4 or higher, you must also enable the extension with the command php5enmod quanta_mon (the command changes to phpenmod quanta_mon starting from PHP7)
For CentOS/Redhat :
- For PHP 5.3: yum install php53-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.4: yum install php54-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.5: yum install php55-quanta-mon
- For PHP 5.6: yum install php56-quanta-mon
- For PHP 7.0: yum install php70-quanta-mon
- For PHP 7.0 if you're using Remi repository: yum install php70-remi-quanta-mon
- For PHP 7.1 if you're using Remi repository: yum install php71-remi-quanta-mon
For other operating systems :
We don't provide packages for other operating systems, however you can compile the module yourself, the sources are available on Github: https://github.com/quanta-computing/quanta-php-module
Configuring the Magento backoffice URL
If you use a custom URL to access your Magento backoffice (in other words, if it doesn't starts with "/admin/"), you'll need to modify the Quanta PHP module configuration to allow Magento events to be sent to Quanta. That file is usually located at /etc/php5/mods-available/quanta_mon.ini on Debian and at/etc/php.d/quanta_mon.ini on Centos (please note it might change with some PHP setup).
For instance, if your backoffice URL is "http://admin.mysite.com/admin_123456/", you need to add this line to the configuration file: quanta_mon.admin_url="/admin_123456/".
Web server restart
After installing the module, you will have to restart the web service so that the PHP extension is loaded and activated. For example if you are using Apache on Debian: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart